Advantages of American Express
American Express is the brand most identified with luxury. In other words, known to serve the higher end of the market.
For example, some credit card options available from American Express:
- American Express Green Card for:
- Booking Travel
- Purchase Protection
- American Express Gold Card for:
- Restaurants Worldwide
- U.S. Supermarkets
- American Express Platinum Card for:
- Global Lounge Collection
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
For additional information, here is a link to their website: https://www.americanexpress.com/
Also known as Amex, American Express offers a variety of credit cards and charge cards.
Most, not all cards have an annual fee. Some also have foreign transaction fees.
For example here are a few of the Card types available:
Personal Cards like:
- American Express Gold Card
- Amex EveryDay Credit Card
Business Cards like:
- Business Platinum
- Business Gold
- Blue Business Plus Credit Card.
Corporate Cards like:
- Corporate Platinum Card
- Corporate Gold Card
- Corporate Green Card
- Business Extra Corporate Card
- Corporate Purchasing Card
- Corporate Meeting Card
Gift Cards including Business Gift Cards and Personal Gift Cards
Some Advantages of American Express include features that can be very useful.
- Complimentary ShopRunner Membership
- Get more info at: https://www.creditcardinsider.com/blog/shoprunner-amex/
- Purchase Protection
- Extended Warranty
- Global Assist Hotline
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance
- Fraud Protection
See more about their Membership Rewards at:
Advantages of American Express:
- Members or cardholders receive Membership Rewards®. This includes a full program that includes a variety of goods and services.
- The company has developed partnerships with a long list of hotel chains and airlines.
- To earn points Just use your Card for purchases, large or small, as your points add up.
- The best part is that there’s no limit to how many points you can earn, and your points will not expire.
American Express has also won good reviews for responsive, helpful, and effective customer service.
Certainly an important benefit for any card-related difficulties that might arise in a foreign land.
Disadvantages of American Express
However, although American Express cards have a lot to offer, there are also some drawbacks.
Limited Non elite card selection – For non-elite individuals and businesses, its selection at this level of product remains limited.
High annual fees — Several of the issuer’s cards for people of modest means carry no annual fee. But, the company’s more established products will cost you.
As of now, the listed Annual Fee for the American Express Gold Card is $250.00. The listed Annual Fee for the Platinum Card is $550.00 every year.
More limited acceptance — American Express has a relatively affluent clientele. This consumer base is very attractive to merchants.
On the other hand, this is also a key reason why the issuer charges slightly higher fees to businesses to process its payments.
Consequently, it’s also why some merchants don’t want to bear the additional cost of accepting the card.
Charge cards — The core American Express lineup consists of charge cards. These are credit cards that require the owner to pay the balance in full every month. This requirement can be demanding for those who normally roll over at least part of their monthly balance on a regular basis.
These cards all have annual fees and earn Membership Rewards points.
To view additional articles from our Knowledgebase, go to:
Above all, we’d love to get to know you and help find the best solutions for your business. Contact us today!
https://isolutionspayments.com/contact or call us at 317-602-1579